Pages

Card Basics

Card Basics ~~ One 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock will make a base for 2 cards. Cut it at 4 1/4 portrait and score at 5 1/2. Or for landscape cut at 5 1/2 and score at 4 1/4.

Here is a list of some of my favorite tools: BIG SHOT die cutting machine ~ Grid paper ~~ Stampin' UP! Stampin Trimmer (cutting and scoring) ~Bone Folder - this little tool is a MUST! ~Multipurpose Liquid Glue ~ Glue Dots ~ Stampin' Dimensionals, Score tape, Stickles. BLING, BLING AND MORE BLING.... If it sparkles, I love it!



Friday, February 7, 2014

Are you ready for FRIDAY?

Hi all,  it's FRIDAY!!  The start of your weekend!!! I hope it's a lot of fun and you create something beautiful!!!

I was recently involved in a card swap.  Not just any swap... an Artist Trading Card  (also known as ATC)  swap.   It was my first and I enjoyed creating them very much.   ATC's are never sold, they are made for trade, and they are always  2 1/2  X  3 1/2   the same size as a baseball trading card.  They are cool because people just make what is in their heart and head....some are very interesting, all are beautiful, but they are all unique!

I was actually in 2 swaps at the same time. Fortunately there were not a lot of people in the swap so I was able to feel a little more comfortable since it was my first ATC swap.  Mine seem to be lost in the mail, which really stinks!!  I'm not going to be getting any cards back from other people!  GRRR
I still wanted to share mine with you though.... maybe someday mine will reach the folks they were mailed to. (hope)

The first theme was "inspirational",   here is mine:



I cut watercolor paper to size, and heat embossed the flowers on it in white.  THEN sponged on Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise ink.  After that I inked up the flower with the Tempting Turquoise ink,  and stamped off (next to the white).  I used Black STAZ-ON to stamp the rest of the images.  There is a little bit of Stampin' Up! Washi tape on it, and a charm I had in my stash. 
 
 
******************************
 
 
The second card was themed "collage".... I think I missed the mark on it, but the other person I showed it to didn't have the heart to tell me.    It's ok, live and learn.   I loved doing it.  It was something I had not tried before. 
 
 
Others used different papers etc.... for the collage.  I used stamps.   Oops!  It was still fun!
 
I used regular Stampin' Up! Whisper White card stock. Sponged some Calypso Coral on, then some Old Olive.... also a little bit of Crumb Cake on the edges.   I used Black STAZ-ON ink to stamp the different images on with.  The red is Cherry Cobbler.   I used a black Sharpie pen to go around the edges, and write "Lucky in Love",   "My Love",  "Thinking of you".   I put some jewels on and also colored in a little with glitter pens.    I can't even tell you all the names of the stamp sets I used on these cards... lol  99% are Stampin' Up, but some are retired.
 
Hope this inspires you to make a couple of  ATC's!! I'm definitely going to make more! 
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Have a Blessed Day!!!
 
(don't forget to send your friends over to join my blog!)
 
 
 
                                  

1 comment: