Pages

Card Basics

Card Basics ~~ One 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock will make a base for 2 cards. Cut it at 4 1/4 portrait and score at 5 1/2. Or for landscape cut at 5 1/2 and score at 4 1/4.

Here is a list of some of my favorite tools: BIG SHOT die cutting machine ~ Grid paper ~~ Stampin' UP! Stampin Trimmer (cutting and scoring) ~Bone Folder - this little tool is a MUST! ~Multipurpose Liquid Glue ~ Glue Dots ~ Stampin' Dimensionals, Score tape, Stickles. BLING, BLING AND MORE BLING.... If it sparkles, I love it!



Monday, February 3, 2014

HAPPY MONDAY!

I hope you had a great weekend!!   I've been stampin' up a storm!!  NOT SNOW... cards! And I must say I've been having a lot of fun!!

This is a thank you card I made for my mother-in-law for her generous Christmas gift.   I have been blessed with a wonderful MIL and I don't get to see her nearly as often as I would like.  I hope she is having a wonderful day!  (no, she doesn't follow my blog... but my thoughts are still the same!)





Wow there was a lot to this card!  All Stampin' Up! products...with the exception of the coloring of the floral stamp...that is done with simple shimmering water colors purchased at Hobby Lobby for around $6.00  (less I'm sure, because I use coupons!)


The base card stock is Raspberry Ripple #126842  because of the light it looks more like Melon Mambo, but it is Raspberry Ripple.  

The next layer is GOLD #132622 then Wisteria Wonder #122922 (embossed with a folder that was available during Christmas... it looks like French script) used my BIG Shot to run these papers thru with 3 different sizes of the Framelits labels Collection dies #125598.

I used a larger die for the base and just let it hang over the edge of the card stock where I had already folded and trimmed the little point from the edge and just stacked them all accordingly.

The floral portion is from the stamp set  SO VERY GRATEFUL #133053 (cling mount) in the new Spring Catalog. 

DON'T forget to use the EMBOSSING BUDDY!! #103083 before you stamp with the VERSAMARK ink #102283 then Heat emboss in GOLD #109129 (SU Heat Tool # 129053)

THIS is where I used the shimmering water color paint to color in the flowers and leaves.  I did use one of the SU Aqua Painters to paint this in... #103954

Next, I used the PAPER PIERCING TOOL #126189 to go around the heat embossed/colored image... then kind of tore the paper from it... it's a PERGAMANO technique. One day I'll post some of my Pergamano work on here. 

ANYWAY...I used the "thank you" from the hostess set  EXPRESS YOURSELF... #130339 heat embossed with BLACK #109133 on Gold and punched it with Modern Label #119849  and I used dimensionals to pop it up.

I do like quick and easy cards. BUT sometimes I like to do a bit more. Still,  this didn't take as long to make as it did to type this all out...lol    

Thanks for stopping by to read my blog!
Have a Blessed Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment